The Department of Computer and Information Sciences offers high quality post-graduate teaching and research programmes in all major areas of Computing, Information Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Department of Computer and Information Sciences attained its distinct identity since 23rd March 1993. However, prior to its formation as a department, it was functioning as a component of the School of Mathematics & Computer - Information Sciences since 1983. The Department maintains active contacts with both industry and research labs and participates in developing state-of-art computing systems. Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India has recognized the Department's research contribution by funding it under FIST programme.
The Ph.D. programme is offered on full time, part time and external registration basis as per the University regulations. Other academic full time programs are as follows :
|Degree||Specialization||Duration||Intake||Year of Starting|
|M.C.A||Computer Science||3 Years||40||1983|
|M.Tech||Computer Science||2 Years||45||1984|
|M.Tech||Artificial Intelligence||2 Years||30||1986|
|M.Tech||Information Technology||2 Years||30||2001|
• Principal Sponsor for IEEE TENCON-2008
• Special funding by Department of Science and Technology under FIST
• One of the few institutions listed in India for computer science research
• Acclaimed and experienced faculty.
• Excellent placements for the students
• Fellowships of professional societies like IEEE, IETE
• Attracts Research and consultancy funding (about Rs. 2 crores annually)
• Resource Centre for Indian Language Technologies
• Organized large number of National / International conference seminars.
Awards and honors
• UNESCO award,BOYSCAST, Indo-Israel, United Nations
• University, DAAD fellowship etc &Invitations from MIT, CMU,
• University of California: San Diego, University of Tokyo, MPI.,
• University of Bonn, University of Memphis, Griffith University,
• University of Melbourne, Monash University etc.
• Research Publications in International Journals/ Conferences
• Membership in Editorial Boards of International Journals
• Linkages with many IT companies for training, consultancy, projects.